RTF® Water Saver grass seed offers:
- Quickly fills in damages or open spots with new shoots of grass
- High level of traffic tolerance
- A dense turf without bare patches prevents weed growth
Strong, deep root system and drought tolerance
- Rapid development of a deep roots system
- Excellent drought and heat tolerance with less irrigation
- Adaptable to a wide range of soil conditions
Thrives in sun or shade
- Excellent in the transition zone climate (areas with both extreme heat and cold, like Canada)
- Will not brown out in the intense summer heat
- One of the most shade tolerant cool season grasses
Thrives with Less Water
- RTF is able to stay lush and green under conditions with 30% less watering
Excellent colour and density
- Has fine leaves which produce a very dense, uniform turf
- Early spring green-up
- Keeps its rich green colour even in the summer heat.
Higher value for homeowners, municipalities and landscape trade
- Pest tolerant: High endophyte content in a RTF plants that produces alkaloids, making a RTF lawn undesirable for insects, grubs, or as forage for mammals.
- Disease resistant & healthy: RTF withstands several weather conditions and a host of environmental influences that increases tolerance to disease.
- Less over-seeding, fewer weed problems, and no ‘wide leaf’ or ugly, clumpy leaves. RTF produces a fine, dense leaf that is more consistent than ordinary fescues.